Friday, April 30, 2010

Filler Friday

This is starting to become a regular thing again. I think I'm starting a little slow but I will get into the habit of writing again, and I'll take you into the deepest and darkest reaches of my imagination or my memory as we'll hammer out some sad stories of days gone by. Until then, which won't be too long, enjoy the filler.

I will slide this in real quick. I'm grieving a little bit right now as I've suffered what I hope will only be a temporary loss. We are on a hiatus. It's somewhat mutual, it's somewhat forced, and it's definitely what neither or us wants yet we are on a hiatus. I fell deep and I fell hard. I don't usually fall at all but I fell deep and I fell hard. I'm still convinced there will be a reunion, a full-blown permanent embracing, the passion on both sides is too just great, but in the meantime, it hurts like hell.

Did I really just write that last paragraph and did I really just put it out there for all the world (twenty) to see?

Did that your mama is a HO story die down yet? I haven't gotten to my local reading yet but they are beating that topic to death down here in South Florida. The prediction now is nobody will ever want to play for Parcells or Ireland ever again? Really? Does that include Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall.

Let's talk football for a minute. We'll start with the media darlings the New York Jets. Remember they got gifted a playoff birth last year when they won their last three games after the other teams laid down for the season, then the luckboxed their way into the AFC Championship game and now they are certain Super Bowl contenders.

Somehow everybody thinks they had one of the best drafts in NFL history, graded A++ by all the "experts." Hmmmmmmm. A CB picked at #29, who may be very solid, a project OL from a 1-AA team in the 2nd round, a small undersized RB with no break away speed in the 4th, and a FB in the 5th. Wow, is that really a top-flight draft?

How about the additions they made to their team? Four players that were good or may still be good, all four players with monster egos and potential locker room killers. LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Santonio Holmes, and Antonio Cromartie. These four may have an impact, whether it's positive or negative remains to be seen.

Baltimore, New England, at Miami, at Buffalo, Minnesota are their first five games. A nice 1-4 start, Mark Sanchize throwing picks all over the place, lots of finger pointing and blame, the media jumping all over it, a season lost. You heard it hear first kids.

The greatest two minutes in sports is tomorrow. That's right the Kentucky Derby. It should be a wide open race this year as the heavy favorite, Eskendereya, was scratched due to injury this week and it's certainly worth a couple of wagers trying to hit the trifecta with surely some longshots hitting the board. I've whittled my list down to four and I'll box these together in some fashion. In no particular order.

3- Noble's Promise
4- Super Saver
12- Conveyance
20- Sidney's Candy

I see the forecast is for rain so who knows what effect that will have on all these three-year olds. Either way, my yearly tradition of a vodka on the rocks, splash of cranberry, don't hurt it, and the Derby will take place yet again. Maybe next year we'll watch it together baby, and definitely one year will go see it live.

Baseball, horse racing, NBA playoffs, BBQ, cocktails, on tap for the weekend. Can't go wrong there. I'll also start refreshing my memory on some safe cracking, drug abuse, high speed chases, woman, thievery, and other assorted tales of debauchery that we can tough on in the weeks to come. Fasten your seat belts boys and girls.



2-3 rocks beautiful. He'll be hitting over .300 in no time baby, glad you always stayed positive and supportive.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Riggstad said...

hmmm... I was wondering if "that" paragraph had to do with a person or a thing. Not that I need to know, just wondering.

I love the Derby. I love horse racing and it's something I used to do quite plentifully in my youth. Now, not so much.

The NFL will be interesting to watch this year and how the labor negotiations play out during the season and through the off season.

There are plenty of opinions out there of folks who think that there will definitely be a lock out in 2011.

With that possibility, I tend to look at all moves, both draft and trades and pick-ups as being effected by that huge possibility. Time will tell.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Josie said...

Donnie, A little "No Donnie" time will have her jonesing for you in about 2 more weeks. Trust Auntie Josie on this. Make a little less contact than you've been, and she'll notice, wonder why, and come after you. Easy peasy....so long as there was/is passion between you. Cute guys are common...feeling passion, not so much...she'll want to feel it again.
Sounds like a GREAT lineup for the weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home