Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The Mookie

Wow, it's Wednesday already, now I remember how easy it is to slack on writing (or anything else for that matter) and before you know it days, or weeks, or months have gone by and the old adage, "I'm gonna kick tomorrow," comes into play over and over and over again. Guess I'm going to have to pound away until it becomes a habit.

Seeing it's Cinco De Mayo, I'm not going to touch on the Arizona Immigration Law but so far I'm pleased that there has been no interference from the Federal Government, and right or wrong, I'm all about States Rights.

I don't give a shit what anybody says but if you run on the field of a professional sporting event well then be ready to get your ass tased. Who is to say if this idiot fan had a weapon, was going to hurt somebody, or what his intent was, so I'm all for the use of less deadly force, not just in this situation but in any questionable situation to stop a potential threat. I for one am tired for all the rights given to scumbag criminals and terrorists.

Looks like a preview of the NLCS this week as the Cardinals are in Philadelphi and playing tense playoff like games in the beginning of May. Last night's pitchers dual between Hamels and Wainwright was certain playoff mode baseball that unfortunately the Phils won in extras. The Cards need to win tonight against Kendrick seeing they have to face Halladay on Thursday with their #5 starter Kyle Loshe. I'll be checking it out on ESPN tonight.

I do have the MLB.TV package that allows me to watch all 162 Cardinal games and one of the interesting aspects is watching other teams play and getting to hear those other teams announcers. For every good announcing team there are probably three bad ones. I actually wind up watching a lot of west coast games after the Cards or Marlin games are over and I find myself watching more Seattle games then any others because I like their ballpark and they have great announcers. Same as I avoid the Dodger games because I'm one of the minority who think vin Scully broadcast games solo, he's boring, monotone, and tells too many stories. The more I think about it, I like Dick Enberg now doing San Diego games and Jon Miller who does the San Fran games so I do bounce around to those games as well.

Oh, I forgot about this last week but starting July 1, 2010 Florida is going to have real live poker. Up until now I think the highest buy-in for a tournament was $800 and the highest buy-in for a cash game was $100, no matter what limits the game was. How some of these donks played $5/10 with only a $100 buy-in is beyond me. They also extended poker room hours at the para-mutuals from 12 hours a day to 18 hour a day Monday-Friday and 24 hours on Weekends and Holidays. Once this kicks off I'm going to start playing a lot more live poker, probably on a semi-professional basis, with the goal being to again play full-time and to play between Florida and Vegas. Sounds like a plan to me.

Me and the girl are just about done even though I've been thinking that for the last few months. I'm just about to the point where it's time to fold and take what chips I have left and go find a new game. What's the hang up you ask? Well without a doubt the passion has not died by any means, man if you all only knew right baby, but the circumstances are just too difficult to overcome at this point, and a clean break is probably what's best but totally cutting off those ties so far has not worked for either of us. Let's see how it all plays out. Maybe some real heart break and pain and longing, mixed in with a little passion may make for some good emotional writing. That and some vodka.

I'll see everybody tonight at the Mookie. Oh ya, go save Waffles from his a certain horrible ending.

5 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

With respect to the tasering, #1 the taser has been conclusively proven on average to have a lower risk of causing injury than jumping on the guy, gang-tackling the guy, hitting him with the nightstick or baton, shooting him, and anything else we can think of that effectively stops a bozo like this from running on the field.

And #2 and more importantly, how funny is it that so many dickheads out there will not stop yelling about stuff like this until some dude runs out to the pitchers mound at Yankee Stadium and blows up the $250 million a year Yankees infield with a bomb strapped to his chest.

The most amazing thing is, those exact people will be the ones the next morning bitching at the cops and how their response to the threat was too slow and delayed.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Bayne_S said...

Raul Julia said it best in Tequila Sunrise:

"No man should be judged for whatever direction his dick goes! That's like blaming a compass for pointing north, for Chrissake!"

Good Luck moving on.

The reaction in California to Az law is quite ridiculous. 5 kids in Morgan Hill got sent home from school for wearing US Flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo.

Tasing for running onto field awesome. 2nd tasing as part of sentence should also be enfororced.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Josie said...

Donnie, Watch the sox kick some yankee ass friday night! (fingers crossed) I'll be at the game. cannot wait.

Sorry to hear about you and your girl. :(

I'm waiting for a goddam juicy post. Something with a safe being cracked.

Lastly, the guy who left the comment...hoyazo...must be the same "hoy" that waffles was writing about....how cool...gotta check him out.

WRITE!

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger John Raiye said...

Hi Dear
I am really satisfied in this blog. This blog shows a poker scene..............................
Play Poker Games

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Josie said...

Listen! You know what I have? NO PATIENCE and a sicilian temper.

Waiting for a story, and I hate waiting. I suggest you start writing, OR ELSE. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home