Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oct 24

Hilton Contest 14-15-1
Buffalo +13
Washington +2'
Tampa Bay -2'
San Diego -2'
Dallas -3'

Barely treading water in this thing. Maybe this will be the week I get over the hump.

I'm fired up big time for the Miami-Pittsburgh game today. A huge home game for Miami and this should measure exactly what this team is; either a .500 team or a team that has a chance to make a playoff run. It also begins a four game stretch of Pitt, @Cin, @Balt, Tenn. I'll take 2-2 for these four games which would put Miami at 5-4 at a point where the schedule gets a lot easier. They still have to go on the road to the Jets and Patriots so Miami could be looking at 10-6 or quite possibly 11-5 if they can somehow win one of the two division road games.

It was nice to see the Hurricanes play with some emotion in the second half last night and finally bury a decent North Carolina team. It was Shannon's first win over Butch Davis after losing the previous three and it' puts Miami on a collision coarse with Virginia Tech for the ACC Coastal Division Title and a rematch v. Florida St in the ACC Title game, something the ACC has been looking for since the conference went to 12 teams back in 2005.

It should be an interesting World Series between Texas and San Fran. I'll stick to my National League guns and root for San Fran. Hopefully it will go seven tense games and Texas doesn't just whip their asses in four blowouts.

I miss Vegas. I need to move back. Oh and I miss you baby. Maybe someday right.

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Josie said...

Donnie, Check out my picks on my Mama's Getting Free Booze post and compare to Waffles picks.....Am I doomed? Got a fricking side bet with HeffMike that has me worried.

Thanks!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

How'd you like that call at the end of the football game this weekend man? In all my years of watching football I had not yet seen the referees admit there was a fumble but simply decide that they could not determine who recovered it so they will just replay the down from the 1/2 yard line, in an absolutely crucial spot no less.

Is it me or does it seem like the Steelers have repeatedly been involved in recent years in ridiculous late-game calls that totally impact the outcome of these games?

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Miami Don said...

I'm still sick to my stomach Mike. While the game shouldn't have come down to that one call, it was still blown by the refs.

For the second year in a row Miami is going to get screwed followed up with a rule change in the off-season.

The Steelers have been getting all the calls and breaks for the last thirty years. It seems like Pittsburgh is on the right side of every controversy, every horrible call, or any referee error.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home