Thursday, November 18, 2010

Game Day

Big game tonight for the Dolphins as they host the Bears. Third-string QB Tyler Thigpen gets the start after both Pennington and Henne were hurt in last Sunday's win over Tennessee. I've been a fan of Thigpen since his days in KC and I think he just may have a future in the NFL. With all the Dolphin injuries I'm amazed that the line is still Miami -1, which of course is the side to take.

Looking forward to Vegas in a big way but I've made somewhat of a pit stop on the way. I'll be seeing some family over the Thanksgiving holidays as well as seeing/saying goodbye to a long lost/new found love that for some reason against all odds we just can't shake each other.

Honestly, I never thought I would feel this way about anybody. I never have before and I just thought this sort of love and passion was going to pass me by. Two years, long distance, many quick trips, tons of Skype, way too many chats and emails, one great big uphill climb for both of us but neither can let go.

I do have tons written about it, fuck it was my only outlet for some hard nights, some longing, some heart ache, and oh some of the absolute best times of my life. I do know when I leave that when I look into that rear view mirror on I go, it's goodbye, it's on to my new life in Vegas and back to her life in the Midwest.

Probably too much information, but you know me, I'm not afraid to bare my soul nor share my stories and perhaps someday it will pay off in a gigantic way.

Sports bar time almost. Go Miami Dolphins.

And baby, I love you...forever.

4 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Josie said...

First of all, I have a BIG 14 on Miami - I feel like they're gonna win and since no one else in my pool has any confidence in them, I'm gonna go big or go home.

Second - enjoy your time with her. Enjoy the moment. xo

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger lightning36 said...

I know you thought the Bears were pretenders early on, but the Bears coaches have finally caught on and have helped solve some problems. The defense is strong, and as long as they continue to have Cutler make short passes and roll out, they are legit. They may not look pretty, but they can win.

They are playing some quality teams in the next few weeks. Put some money on them when they are dogs and you might just be rewarded.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I can't give a whole lot of credit to the Bears for the win last night, since they didn't do much that impressed me in particular on offense. I place the blame squarely on the Miami coaches, who I generally have a ton of respect for, but that was the worst game plan I can recall in a long time in an NFL game. I mean, it's your third-string qb, you've got two great runningbacks, and they only get 7 touches? WTF Tony Sparano et al???

Don, I imagine you were equally shocked watching the way the Fins approached this game.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Let me be the first one to officially congratulate you on your blog! Congrats!!! You rocked it at the Aria today. woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home