Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Time

I've been back to the grind of work the last ten months, putting in my hours, working towards certifications, and heck, even helping people. My life has gotten fairly boring, no real highs or lows, I'm being a good boy hardly drinking, drug fee and responsible. It's about time right.

Well this last weekend was a little bit different. I had an awesome woman, who had a sense of adventure, come down to Florida for four days and I had time off of work, and we saw good live music and good fun establishments, we got too much sun on the beach, and we just had four days of absolute fun.

The weekend is over, it's back to the grind but something happened that must have triggered something in my brain. My job is good. They are close to expanding, there will be a lot of new positions open, I'm good at it, I can play the politics, the kids love me and there is probably a future at this job. A nice safe grind that will pay the bills and where I'll get some satisfaction.

Yet, is it what I want. I've had ideas of opening up another business, doing halfway houses for kids when they get out of treatment. I've done it before. I was successful before. I know how to do it. I still have a good reputation and should be able to turn a profit quickly. The only thing is it requires taking a chance. A risk. A gamble. Non of those I'm adverse to but the nit in me likes to play the more sure thing, the regular paycheck, don't risk it.

A business that becomes successful again has a ton of benefits. More money. Way more freedom. Play golf more. Set my own hours. I just need to right a business plan and get in front of some people, who I may already have lined up who will invest. These last four days are going to make it hard to go back to the grind. Hard to work for the man. Hard to sell my soul for security and stability. Now things won't be like that at the beginning, it's hard work and long hours but the pay-off can come soon and I want to be able to have those four day weekends. To travel. To be my own boss.

So to say I'm conflicted is an understatement. I'll see how the next couple weeks play out and see where my motivation goes. She took a chance and it was awesome and right now it's going to be hard to suit up and show up everyday with this weighing on my mind. It's time to get that business plan finished. It's time to sell it to investors. It's time to take that chance. It's time for those four days weekends way more frequently.

It's time. Thank you Girl.

6 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

gl man you can do it.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Josie said...

Somebody got laid...

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Go for it now while you're still young. Ten years from now, the regular paycheck will be even more tempting.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Bayne_S said...

It does get a lot harder to give up steady check and benefits once you are on the Lightning side of 50

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jon alen said...

Thanks for sharing that. It made me laugh, especially the bits about the guy who hated the movie 300 and the guy she ended up helping with his router. When worlds collide.
age play phone sex

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Saha William said...

time is really worthy and i accept this. cheap logo designs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home